16 June 2022
What’s an Electric Bike?
This is a very interesting universe and you should take it in steps.
If you’re not that technical, you can continue reading for an easy introduction to the art of electric bikes:
The Five main steps to identifying an ebike are:
- They have an electric motor
- They have a battery bank to power the motor
- They have an LCD display and/or throttle and/or a sensor on the pedals to trigger the motor
- They have pedals
- They have 2 wheels
The next step is, identifying where the motor is at:
- Is it on the front wheel hub?
- Is it at the crank arms where the rider pedals the bike?
- Is it on the rear wheel hub?
- Does this bike have more than one motor?
Now, please find where the battery is:
- Is it integrated into the frame of the bicycle?
- Is it an external battery?
- Is it inside of a backpack?
- Is it a water bottle?
To know more about the electric bike universe, stay tuned to our YouTube channel, where we post our journey in this ebike-universe!